I have lived in Crawley Down for 42 years and I have always taken an active interest in the village and village life to which end I was –
- A scout leader for around 10 years.
- Allotment Association Treasurer for another 15 years.
- I am the Royal British Legion Branch Treasurer and Poppy Area Organiser, posts that I have held for over 15 years.
- For the last 4 years I have been running a charity bookstall on the forecourt of the Crawley Down village shops mainly for the local branch of the RBL.
- I am the Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator for my road, and a member of the Three Villages Police Neighbourhood Panel (Copthorne, Crawley Down and Turners Hill).
- I have recently formed an Association to re-site, restore or replace the Roll of Honour that came from the Methodist Chapel around 30 years ago, and to research and publish the lives of the names thereon.
I worked for British Gas for most of my working life leaving several years ago as a Senior Manager, after which I spent a two years contracting as an IT Consultant and then took a post in Millais School in Horsham in their Technology Department. Now fully retired I have even more time to become more involved in village life and see the Parish Council as an opportunity to use some of my past experience for the wider good.